Sound: a bridge to the Divine
I had the great experience of sitting down with Jeralyn Glass, an internationally acclaimed opera star turned sound healing pioneer and author of Sacred Vibrations. Following the tragic loss of her son, Jeralyn transitioned from the stages of Broadway to the forefront of holistic medicine, discovering how crystalline sound can act as a powerful healing tool for the mind and body.
From a scientific perspective, sound healing is rooted in the principles of entrainment and vibro-acoustics. Every organ and cell in the human body vibrates at a specific frequency; when we are stressed or ill, these frequencies can fall out of "tune."
Jeralyn explains how coherent sound waves can physically interact with the nervous system to shift brain states from active Beta waves to restorative Alpha and Theta patterns. This process measurably lowers cortisol, reduces blood pressure, and stimulates the vagus nerve, moving the body out of a "fight or flight" response and into a state of cellular repair.
We dive into the science behind Alchemy Crystal Singing Bowls and how specific vibrational frequencies can lower blood pressure, reduce stress hormones, and assist patients ranging from veterans to those in hospice care.
Jeralyn—who has shared her expertise on The Kelly Clarkson Show and worked with icons like Jhenรฉ Aiko, SZA, Bruce Lipton, Greg Braiden and Kobe Bryant—shares how to treat your own body as a "vibrating instrument." Tune in to learn how to integrate "Music as Medicine" into your daily life through simple humming, movement, and intentional listening.
If you listen to the end, in the audio podcast version, not the YouTube one, you will be able to enjoy Jeralyn’s amazing voice in five musical pieces (One being a meditation)
—————————————————————————————————————
Also, there is a small but important correction I wish to make. Talking about the power of music and how it is often divinely inspired, the story came to my mind of how Naomi Randall composed the beloved hymn, ‘I am a child of God.’ Thanks to my fashion design focused mind, I instead said it was Naomi Campbell, who is a great model but *not* the composer of this hymn, bless her.
For those who might be interested, here is how the hymn words came to the original Naomi: “That evening, I got down on my knees and prayed aloud, pleading that our Heavenly Father would let me know the right words. Around 2:00 A.M. I awakened and began to think again about the song. Words came to my mind. . . . I immediately got up and began to write the words down as they had come to me. Three verses and a chorus were soon formed. I gratefully surveyed the work, drank of the message of the words, and returned to my bedroom where I knelt before my Father in Heaven to say ‘Thank you!’”
Copyright note: the copyright to "I Am a Child of God" is owned by Intellectual Reserve, Inc., a corporation established by the LDS Church to hold its intellectual property. Intellectual Reserve allows copying or downloading of the music and lyrics of the song for incidental, noncommercial church, or noncommercial home uses.
I also mentioned the Christmas Truce. During the recording, which is not scripted, I could not remember any details about it, as this idea came as we were talking. However, the Christmas Truce recounts the story of German and British soldiers who sung together Silent Night at Christmas. During the editing process, I found a Sainsbury’s advert made with the Royal British Legion, which accurately describes how the scene unravelled. I dare you not to cry when you watch it and think of how the power of music brought these brave young men together that week. In some areas, men from both sides ventured into no man's land on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to mingle and exchange food and souvenirs. There were joint burial ceremonies and prisoner swaps, while several meetings ended in carolling.
Watch the Sainsbury's advert here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWF2JBb1bvM I am in no wya affiliated...
Topics Covered
Definition of music as medicine, The origins of sound healing, Science of crystalline sound and singing bowls, Vibrational frequencies for mental focus, Music as a prescription for stability, Physical health benefits of sound, journey through grief, Using the human voice as a healing tool, Mindfulness in musical consumption, Highlights from the Source - Be Inspired App, I am a child of God, how music touches the soul, music as connection.
Watch this episode here: https://youtu.be/fgDyxEFX0Xc
The Source - Be Inspired app is available for download. Sacred Vibrations is now available anywhere you buy books.
Affiliate Amazon Book Link: https://amzn.to/4uvoCT1
Jeralyn Glass Website: http://www.jeralynglass.com/
Crystal Cadence Website: http://www.crystalcadence.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/crystalcadencela/?hl=en
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crystalcadencela/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeqJQkuTKj6u8ZiUAFGVC3w
๐๐ผ Thank you for investing your valuable time with us today. If this message spoke to your soul, you are now a messenger. Choose to be the light today and help someone to change their life, too.
๐ Share the Light: leave a comment, hit subscribe and share this episode right now with one friend who needs an actionable solution.
✍๐ผ Leave your legacy: write a quick rating and review on iTunes to help others find true wellness.
❤️ Thank you for being the reason this message reaches the world. God bless you!
Disclaimer: The information shared in this podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have heard on this podcast. We are not responsible for any actions taken based on the information provided.
Quotes:
‘The sounds we produce create a bridge between the seen and the unseen, the Earth and the Divine…the celestial realms are then connected to the Earth.'
Comments
Post a Comment